From the DIY novice to the professional handyman and everybody in between, if you’ve done some decorating recently you’ll know that looking after those paint brushes is vitally important.
At Pepperell’s Property Maintenance we’re often asked by clients in Gloucester for help with internal and/or external painting. Below we’ve included a selection of tips we follow when it comes to looking after our paint brushes.
1. After you’ve finished painting use an old rag or piece of cloth to remove as much of the paint residue as possible.
2. Swirl the brush around in a clean bowl of water to remove any excess paint residue.
3. Remember to clean the base of the bristles as this is where lots of the excess paint will be stored.
4. Take the paint brush out and wipe down again with another old (but clean) rag.
5. Blot out any water/paint that is still left on the brush.
6. After the brush is dry, store it vertically with the head of the brush facing up.
If you are based in Gloucester and would like to speak with a member of the Pepperell’s Property Maintenance team about painting, decorating or any of the other home maintenance or handyman services we offer please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
You can call us on either 01452 382 023 or 07811 744 102 and we’d be happy to help.
Pepperell’s Property Maintenance offer handyman and property maintenance services to customers in Gloucester and the surrounding areas.
We provide a variety of property maintenance and handyman services including fencing, gardening, flooring, tiling, carpentry and more.
On our property maintenance blog we share recent case studies as well and handyman and DIY tips that you can use in your own home.